If March blows in like a lion and goes out like a lamb, then November in the South (this year at least), came in like a lamb and blew out like a lion. We had both temperature spikes into the 80s as well as dips below freezing! Our backyard birds disappeared with the early cold snaps, but somehow the ladybugs managed a mid-month raid.
![]() |
| Our season-confused Purple Hearts |
You know what I realized as I looked over their pages? These nature studies have given me some nice mementos of how my kids write and think.
| Z is right. It is "a nice place to live near." |
I'm glad we took the time to do this when we did. Today the lion is roaring and his breath is freezing! We'll do our observing through the window panes today.
As a family, we want to try to attract some of the winter birds to our yard. It is so lonely out there with our summer friends gone. If you have any suggestions, please pass them on.
![]() |
| See? Pitiful. |




I love that you have been able to gain some insight into your children through your nature study. Really knowing about the place you live is such a gift that you are giving them and the chance to slow and notice is invaluable. Thank you for sharing your entry with the OHC blog carnival.
ReplyDelete