Somehow I found out about this group called the Homeschool Movie Club (http://www.homeschoolmovieclub.com/) online. It is promoting a home school day to go see the new movie Dolphin Tale. The purpose is to support family-friendly movies, especially if they are even educational.
In addition to just encouraging us to go see the movie when it opens on September 23rd, the site has a curriculum unit to go along with the movie. It was written by one of the authors of Apologia Science books! And it's free on their website.
Elizabeth and I did the first lesson on density and buyoancy today. We poured water, oil, and honey into a jar, added various items, and noted where each went. It was fun. I'm the first to admit that teaching science is not my forte (pretend there's a french accent on that e in forte and say "fortay; thank you.). So I am happy to have a relevant experiment to do with her that even works!
Even if you aren't interested in the lessons, you may still want to see the movie. Let me see if I can copy the preview here. I like cool things like that. It makes my sister-in-law jealous!

No comments:
Post a Comment