Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Trouble with Thanks

is that thinking about being thankful reminds me that I'm not very thankful.  I've been thinking about this list all week.  As it turned out, this wasn't a great week for me:  kids, hormones, kids, husband, busy-ness, and apparently a lack of gratitude.  I may not have 10 additions this week, but they are all hard-won.  
What AM I thankful for?

21)  Our safe trips to Tuscaloosa (Elizabeth and I) and to Pensacola (Zachary and Charles) last weekend;

22)  Our protection from the storms this week;

23)  That my kids still want me to say "good night" when they're in bed;

24)  For chocolate ice cream;

25)  For the book I'm reading about an amazing girl who gave up everything she knew about her comfortable life to serve the very uncomfortable (Kisses From Katie);

26)  For a new horseback riding instructor for Elizabeth;

27)  For the wind that blew some beautiful leaves into my paths;


28)  For the way my children so easily forgive me when I say I'm sorry (and that some day one of them will be more forgiving of the other);

29)  For home-schoolers who have taken the time to share their lessons and ideas with the rest of us;

30)  For motrin that alleviates these Southern seasonal headaches.

There.  I made it to 10.  Hallelujiah!  Praise God again!  

No comments:

Post a Comment