Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Summer Math (Yes, I did)


This summer the kids are trying this math program from Simply Charlotte Mason.  Each one will "run" his own store.  E has a pet store and Z has a sports store.  
This first week they are setting up their businesses.  Then each week after that they will track one month of sales which are provided in the workbook.  They will pay bills for their store and learn to write checks.  We will do this for 14 weeks which will take us a little past our summer.  It has only been a couple of days, but I can tell the kids are going to enjoy this math program.  
I thought it would be fun to have them write about their progress once in a while.  Today it was E's turn.  Enjoy! 

Today I started setting up my pet store. I had to pick how much of each item I wanted to have in my pet store.  Then I had to add up the prices by multiplying.
I have to spend a week starting my pet store. Every month I have to stock up on items.
This is my inventory list.  At the top I ordered 5 dogs and 5 cats for $50 each. 
So far my mom has told me that when we are done setting it up we will get word problems like asking to buy two puppies and a mouse, and I will have to multiply to figure out how much it will cost. 
Math is not my favorite subject or my best, but I  did not do bad today, probably because it was fun.  Not saying that regular math is  not fun, but I think I got better at multiplication by doing the problems over again because some of the prices are the same and so is my quantity.  It was fun, and I am looking forward to tomorrow!


This is my store logo.  Happy Pets.  Happy stands for Hugs And Pugs Pets Yay! 
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment