Yes, I said it. I am not a planner. Well, I have a lot of plans as in seeing the forest, but when it comes to the day to day, subject to subject kind of planning, you may not see the trees.
I sure have tried to be better planned. I tried a curriculum that had every day all planned out for us. All I had to do, was, well, get to EVERYTHING! The problem was, we never got to everything, then the planner didn't work very well. For me.
Here is something I found useful in our "school." It's a subject checklist.
What's nice about it is E can look over it and see what she has done and what she hasn't done each day. Then she is responsible for checking off the done subjects.
It isn't perfect. I decided not to put the occasional subjects on the list, and that sometimes throws off E's balance. But, overall, it works.

What are the D's for??
ReplyDelete