Thursday, January 26, 2012

Down Memory Lane - Radically

Do you ever feel that something bad or hard or big is coming your way?
I've been having that feeling lately.  This year holds a big change for our family as C gets closer to his military retirement.

Only, his retirement isn't turning out to be full of joy and excitement as I'd hoped it would be.  Think reference letters, health care, job searching, income level, moving, etc. 
To add to that, just having Z in school this year has been life-changing, and I look forward to having him home again after this school year.  But I know it won't be an easy change.
Let's just agree, that change brings stress.
Then there's God who never changes.
But what does He have in store for us?  for me?
I've had a lot of scriptural questions lately.  I recently learned (not that it was news) that the holiday Easter was specifically timed NOT to coincide with Passover because Constantine hated Jews.

I've been floundering in my times with God.  I've been struggling to disciple and train my son.  I have not been respecting my husband.  I have been self-pitying.   I have not lived in faith.
But, in God's wisdom and grace, it doesn't end there.
I follow, sporadically, Ann Voskamp's blog, A Holy Experience.  The reason I follow it sporadically is because sometimes this woman's earthly "goodness" is too good for me.
Yesterday, however, when catching up on my email from the last week, I decided to read hers.  She is encouraging her followers to do something radical: memorize scripture!  The Beatitudes even!  You know, I have not done that in a long time.  I think I'll give it a try.

I feel better already.
If you're interested, check it out.

1 comment: